Friday, September 7, 2012

Well Here I Go . . .

     I need something to do.   I'm tired of sitting at home waiting by the phone for a job to fall in my lap.  I'm getting more and more depressed, day by day. And there is no cure for the situation except for going to work.  The boredom is excruciating.  I feel my brain cells committing suicide while I watch Maury, again and again, say "According to the DNA test 'so and so' you are not the father."   

     If one of my friends came to me with this problem, this boredom, I would tell them to get out and do something.  I would take them out to lunch or to a movie.  But all of my friends are working and they don't have time to take in a movie.  They are getting to know their new students.  Which only makes this so much more sad.  

     I wouldn't be bored at all if I had a classroom to go to each day.  If I were getting to know my new students as all the other teachers I know are doing this month, I would be happy.  If I were planning lessons, grading papers and calling parents I wouldn't have time to be bored out of my mind.  If I had a job, I wouldn't be at home when Maury is on.  

      So I will write.  I will write everyday.  I will write about anything, everything, and nothing at all.  If somebody reads it, great.  If nobody reads it, even better.

     I will write about the movie I'm watching: Julie & Julia. My inspiration.  The reason I decided to start a blog.  I've seen the movie before.   I thought, at the time, that "I can do that. I can write a blog." But the truth is, at the time, I didn't have the time.  I actually had a job.  I have no idea when that woman found time to sleep.  

     That's all for now . . . .

1 comment:

  1. I understand the need to do something. Writing is a good choice. I love the movie Julie & Julia..watched it just a few days ago.Good luck and I will be reading ...

    ReplyDelete