Saturday, September 8, 2012

Grandmas Shouldn't wear Bootypants!

     I watched Anderson Cooper earlier this week.   They repeated a show from January, I think.   The topic was something about rude people.  Well,  We took a family trip to Kemah and I want to tell you, rudeness is alive and well.
  
     I saw line cutters.  A couple of kids tried to skip us in line at the Pharaoh's Fury ride.  They said "But our friends are up there."  I told them that wasn't going to work for me.  Ian and I held our ground and they decided, after I gave them the "mean teacher" stare, that they could wait.

     I saw people screaming at their kids.  One lady, who had several kids, seemed to be following us around.  I heard her scream at her youngest at least three times.  Apparently the little one didn't want to keep getting out of her stroller to go on rides.  And every time they stopped, (at the train, the tower,  & the carousel) the little girl started crying.  Instead of talking to her, or picking her up, or taking the child home for a nap, the woman screamed in her face.  Which of course made the baby cry more.  Some people really need some anger management and/or parenting classes.

    How hard is it to tell your kids "No!"?  There are signs posted all over the boardwalk that say "Don't feed the birds.  They are on a strict diet."  These signs are posted for the express purpose of keeping the birds from crapping on people.  But this awesome group of people decided to feed the birds anyway.  While standing right in front of one of the signs, they allowed their children to throw bread and fries at the birds.  A huge group of birds surrounded the area where they were standing  and over the bench where Doug and I were siting.  Can you guess what happened next? Of course you can. Doug was wearing a hat and I wasn't . . .  so who got crapped on? Yes, it was me.  I had a few choice words for those parents, but thankfully, I kept them to myself.
  
     And the most outrageous, was the granny in the skin tight booty jeans.  Oh my goodness!  I almost choked when I saw her the first time -- from behind.  Her booty pooched out as if she had stuffed half a bowling ball in her pants on each side where her buttocks should be.  I'm not saying she was overweight at all.  But when I saw her again it was so difficult not to laugh out loud. She was standing next to another woman.  They were dressed as twins, but there was obviously 20 years difference in their ages.  Now,  I have to admit, I am not at all in shape myself. And I'm sure there were skinny people there trying not to laugh out loud at the fat lady trying to ride the rides with the munchkin.  But I do NOT stuff myself into tight clothes, and those pants were so tight if you poked her with a pin they would have exploded like a balloon.  Normal butts are just not that shape.  She looked like she was something out of a cartoon.  Frankly, grannies are just not supposed to dress that way.  And no, I did not tell her so, but somebody should have before she left the house.

My Blog . . . My Opinion!!


No comments:

Post a Comment